The Talkative Man speaks
<--Added on 8/22/08 for migration to TPB -->
Monday, March 26, 2007
  Ek Duje Ke Liye images
Was on a movie-watching spree the past few weeks and half-heartedly rented Ek Duje Ke Liye. Now a Bollywood movie with a story like EDKL would not really seem to be cut out for today's age and more so if you happen to watch it alongwith a crop of very good tamil and mallu flicks . However I didn't return the disc midway as I'd expected and ended up fairly liking it till the end.



Ek Duje Ke Liye was released the 5th June 1981 and it marked the first foray of Balachander, Kamal and SPB into Bollywood(Out of academic interest, one might add Anuradha Sriram to the list). KB made it an eminently watchable one and while the plot was far too hackneyed for his style, there was enough in the movie to retain the viewer's interest.



While the movie is now part of Bollywood history, full credit goes to the Laxmikant-Pyarelal duo for one of Hindi cinema's enduring musicals. This was after all the period when the music industry was on a downward spiral after Rafi's death and R.D Burman was hitting a steep decline. L-P went on to rule the early 80s and increasing gangster-oriented movies in place of the romances led to the death of Hindi music in that decade.

Familiar story but still a worthy watch.

 
Comments:
Had watched it eons(or so it seems!) back! Can't seem to recollect anything other than the bulb scene!! Somehow I feel I would prefer 'Sagar' to this if given a choice in renting!
 
What a movie and what great acting by Kamal! The scene where Kamal talks hindi in different regional accents is still fresh in my memory. KB did justice to Kamal in thatmovie. You watch Poi and you wonder whats gotten into KB's head these days. I watch movies like EDKL or Naan Avan illai or Bama Vijayam or Unnal mudiyum thambi with nostalgia. That KB is no more.
 
Anuradha Sriram?
 
me too,
Only for KB. I always felt the feeling Andavar was not his usual self in this one.

Deepa,
absolutely. Still digging some old KB films.

Bala,
Me also wondered if it was meant to be Paudwal in the listing. But Sriram was singing in mid-80s concerts so may be possible.
 
Anuradha Sriram singing in EDKL???
She can't be that old, surely! :)
 
ttm:
Highly unlikely it's Anuradha Sriram - maybe a slip of the keyboard ? She must be in her 30s.
 
I meant, slip of the keyboard of person who wrote the credits which you saw
 
True TTM, Anu Sriram was humming tunes in the mottai maadi then. She was still M. Anu (M for Mohan) appo.
 
bala/bnb/Deepa,
I got the info from raaga and MIL. Raaga has got all kinds of devotional and film albums from cos. like Inreco, Echo so I assume they might purchased the rights. I will ask my friend who still has a huge collection of HMV originals to check the cassette cover :)
 
//Tere mere beech mein//

I never seen this movie..but when ever I hear this song duing my skool days amma kitta indha beech enga irukunnu kettu iruken :-)
 
Syam,
lol! I was just blank only throughout the song :)
 
One moment, I'll post mine soon. just wanted to say I love your new site!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

An archivist with varying interests

Previous Posts

Davis Cup semifinal 1987
Sai Paranjpe's Chashme Baddoor
Director Bharathan's Pranaamam
Anything but Big Fun : bubblegum
Railway Journeys - II
A Hyperactive spirit
Ek Duje Ke Liye
Looking back on Amritraj vs Jaite
Freak Encounters - I
An unlikely friendship short-lived
Railway journeys - I
Michael Jordan the greatest:The Flu Game
History at Capetown?
Images from Malgudi Days(DVD)
Found after a 17 year search!
Champions Trophy deja vu
Remembrance
Deepavali song
Heard in passing
Phil Tufnell fielding school
Indian cricket since its embryonic days
Journalism's Joan of Arc
Stills from Idhaya Thamarai/Aur Ek Prem Kahani
The World of Amar Chitra Katha
..and I saw Carl Lewis last weekend!
Two memorable Calypso hits
The sensational triumph in the '83 World Cup
Doordarshan and Frustration!!!
Date with a chennai girl!
Mayhem in the morning
Dream Teams: India XI vs World XI
How Dad's work
Pelting his way into the record books!
Relentless march of time
Close encounters of the Desi Kind
Thandaa paani!
Keep going
Indian Male yuppie: Boy->Man->Gentleman
Hamlet revisited
Rediff is just another TOI
Malgudi Days on DVD
TN Cricket - I : Early heroes
Bala, Bharatan and Guha
Warne does the trick once again
Remembering PV
A rare pic: Aandavans of Alwarpet
Random jottings on friendship
A gutsy analyst
Rarest among Jewels
Adhu Oru Kanaa Kaalam(2005)
The Terrorist(1997)
Holiday plans
Those small pleasures
Stalwart Narrator
Beginning

Google

Blogs I read